Practice and feedback from a skilled
facilitator who can help you to polish your skills are key to getting really
good at Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling.
These three days offer an
opportunity for you to gain that practice, along with targeted tuition to help
you to learn the nuances that arise within individual sessions, and that will
make all the difference to your facilitation skills. While the agenda will be
emergent and formed in response to
what is happening in the room, we’ll typically cover how to work with binds along
with other advanced concepts and there will also be an opportunity for formal
assessment for those working towards Certified Clean Facilitator Level 1.
will all take place in a small group (no more than 6 participants per trainer).
Join us for one or more of these 3-day modules on your way to becoming a
top-class Clean Facilitator.
Who's it for?
These modules are for you if you:
- Have completed Clean Language: Core Skills (possibly more than once), have the basics and want to take your practice further
- Want to get really good at these skills and understand that this will take time, lots of practice and expert feedback from a skilled facilitator
- Want to understand more of the nuances involved in this work, that may only arise from time to time in individual sessions
- Want to improve your modelling skills
- Want to learn how to work with binds and double binds
- Are interested in becoming a Certified Clean Facilitator (Level 1)
- Are willing to do what it takes to get really good at these skills
- Want to bring a client along and get feedback on how you work with someone who has not had training in Clean Language
What will I gain?
- Individual practice and feedback from your fellow participants and the trainer
- Hone your observation, calibration and feedback skills as you observe other participants at work
- Work towards Certified Clean Facilitator (Level 1) status
- Highly targeted tuition to meet the needs of those in the group
- Meet others who are at a similar level to you, so you can form practice partnerships / groups outside of the modules
- Learn more nuances of Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling
- Learn advanced techniques and models that are not taught on our Core Skills training (e.g. working with binds, REPROC model, working with line of sight)
We will be working in a small group (up
to 6 participants) and the majority of the time will be taken up with
individual sessions where one participant is the facilitator, one the client
and everyone else is observing, along with the trainer. At the end of each
session everyone will be invited to give feedback to the facilitator, so that
everyone learns from what’s happening. Or you can choose to have feedback and
coaching during the session. The
format will be similar each time while the content of the 3 days will vary
according to what happens in the individual sessions.
The trainer will be offering tuition
throughout the 3 days, based on what s/he is noticing. So binds (http://www.cleanlanguage.co.uk/articles/articles/323/1/Between-a-Rock-and-a-Hard-Place-Using-Symbolic-Modelling-with-Binding-Patterns/Page1.html)
will be taught when a bind arises in someone’s landscape, the PRO Model
will be revised when it becomes clear when there’s a need for that within the
group, and so on. In this way, no time is wasted; everything you learn will be
relevant to you and where you are with your learning right now.
If you wish to become a Certified Clean
Facilitator, there will be an opportunity within each module for formal
assessment against the Level
1 criteria (see attached pdf) – and when you are ready, we will video a session
to send to a second assessor. (No extra charge for assessment.) Most people
will need to attend three or more “Fine Tuning” modules to reach the required
skill level. We are aiming for excellence! Formal assessment is optional; if
you are already a certified facilitator or if you don’t want to be assessed or
certified, you are just as welcome and you will have just as much facilitation
and feedback time as everyone else. We will also set up peer group practice
sessions between modules.
Please note that to complete the
Certified Clean Facilitator Certification, you will also need to attend a Clean Space workshop. However,
you can take the Clean Space assessment during one of the Fine Tuning modules.
To join this programme, you must have attended Clean Language: Core Skills
at least once (or equivalent training from another provider). You should also
have read Clean Approaches for Coaches by Marian Way.
Contact us if you would be interested in an online version of this event.
What participants say
"During 'Fine Tuning' I grew in confidence as my skills improved rapidly over just three days of practice and learning. I learned where my blindspots were and developed a metaphor for how I could be a better coach. This programme was certainly a worthwhile investment for me, and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get better at being a clean coach."
Jacqueline Surin Specialist Trainer & Coach -- Leadership Development, People Potential, Malaysia
25-27 July 2019 10.00am - 5.30pm
With Marian Way
3-5 October 2019 10.00am - 5.30pm
With Marian Way
22-24 January 2020
With Marian Way
22-24 April 2020 10.00am - 5.30pm
With Marian Way