Join Marian and John at their home in Portchester, Fareham, Hampshire for a friendly relaxed training in a light airy room with fabulous views, plus delicious home-made lunches.
Marian's home is situated on the top of Portsdown Hill with views over the Solent and to the Isle of Wight (when the weather's good!).
Address and location
14 Anson Grove, Portchester
How to get here
If you’re coming via the M3 and/or M27 travelling EAST, here are the directions from M27 Junction 11:
- Leave M27 at Junction 11. Get in RIGHT hand lane on slip road, and turn RIGHT at roundabout
- * The road now splits - left lane goes down, middle and right lanes go over flyover - you need the LEFT lane (follow sign to Portchester)
- At the Traffic Lights turn LEFT (A27, Portchester) - first exit
- Go STRAIGHT ON at two sets of Traffic Lights
- Go STRAIGHT ON at mini roundabout
- Go STRAIGHT ON at next roundabout (this has a pub called the Seagull on the far right hand side)
- At the next roundabout take the first exit (signposted A27)
- At the next roundabout (CASTLE STREET ROUNDABOUT) turn LEFT into Station Road.
- Go under the railway bridge, then take THIRD RIGHT (Leith Avenue)
- ** Take FIRST LEFT (Pentland Rise)
- Turn RIGHT at the top of the road (Carlton Rd)
- Take FIRST LEFT (Anson Grove) and then RIGHT at the top = ANSON GROVE - NO 14 is halfway along on the right
If you’re coming via the A27 travelling WEST, the simplest route, if you don’t know the area, is to continue onto the M27 and leave the motorway at junction 11. Get in LEFT hand lane on slip road, and turn LEFT at the roundabout. Then follow the directions from * above.
To get back to the motorway:
- Go to end of Anson Grove and follow the road round to the right (Benedict Way).
- Turn RIGHT at the junction, then take SECOND LEFT (Pentland Rise).
- At the END of Pentland Rise turn RIGHT (Leith Avenue)
- At the END of Leith Avenue turn LEFT.
- Follow road down the hill under railway bridge to roundabout. Take 3rd exit (RIGHT) from roundabout. (A27)
- Go straight on at next 3 roundabouts and through 2 sets of traffic lights.
- You will then be approaching a large roundabout; get in the RIGHT hand lane.
- Take 5th exit off roundabout (signposted M27)
- Travel along this road for about ½ - ¾ mile until you get to a roundabout - turn LEFT onto the M27 to go WEST and RIGHT to go EAST.
Portchester train station is 3/4 mile away.
Leaving Portchester Railway Station on foot, turn left into Hill Road.
Walk up the hill and turn third right into LEITH AVENUE.
Follow the ‘By Car’ directions above from **.
The following places are all within a short drive of the venue. You will need to contact them directly to book accommodation. (Prices correct July 2018 - please confirm before booking.)
- Private room in 3-bed house - £35, call Gill directly on 07716 016357, 2.1 miles away (Gill has received rave reviews!)
- Beaulieu B&B in Fareham - Rooms from £35, 1.6 miles away
- Portsmouth Marriott Hotel - Rooms from £125, 1.9 miles away
- Premier Inn in Port Solent East - Rooms from £45, 1.9 miles away
- Ellerslie House Hotel in Fareham - Rooms from £78 (This hotel has received good reviews from previous participants.)
- The Roundabout Hotel in Fareham - Rooms from £50, 3.1 miles away
- The Red Lion Hotel in Fareham - Rooms from £42.50, 3.2 miles away
- Trafalgar Guest House in Fareham - Rooms from £64, 3.5 miles away
- Lysses House Hotel in Fareham - Rooms from £58.50, 3.6 miles away
- Cosham B&B in Cosham - 3.8 miles away - one stop on the train
- The Jingles in Emsworth - Rooms from £69, 10.6 miles away. (This B&B has received good reviews from previous participants.)
- Village Hotel Portsmouth in Portsmouth - Rooms from £121, 3.7 miles away
Mention that you are training with Marian Way of Clean Learning in Portchester and you might be able to get a deal, especially at the B&Bs and Guest Houses.You might also try www.airbnb.co.uk for reasonably-priced accommodation in Portsmouth and Fareham.