Living With Your End in Mind
Tuesday 11, 18, 25 January & 1, 8, 15 February 2022, 12:30 - 2pm GMT each session
Price: £220.00 (£264 inc VAT)
- Online via Zoom
There is a free taster event available for the programme: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/living-with-your-end-in-mind-tickets-196107551967
After a few years of supporting relatives who were dying, Caitlin Walker has been contemplating her own death and how people’s models of their death affect not only their approach to it but also affect their approach to the way they live.
She decided to start researching models for death and for life before death and found that there was an appetite to have a safe and respectful space to think about, expand and enhance our ideas and approach to this often taboo topic.
During this six week programme we will cover the following themes:
- Thinking about your own death, death is like what?
- What has been your experience of death so far? How has this impacted your ideas?
- Where do your ideas or beliefs about death come from?
- An ideal death for you would be like what?
- Making a death plan – which like a birth plan is a desired not a guaranteed outcome. What would you like to have happen, what wouldn’t you like to have happen?
- Starting conversations about death with family and friends.
- How does thinking about your death impact the way you would like to be living now?
- What will you do next as a result of what you’ve discovered?
As well as these themes, which have emerged through several interviews and focus groups, there will be space for this group to develop themes of significance for them.
Caitlin will facilitate the groups cleanly, with curiosity, respect and gentle humour. The aim is for insights, understanding and inspiration.
Caitlin is the developer of Systemic Modelling and author of From Contempt to Curiosity. She is equally at home sharing her ideas with large audiences, facilitating change in small groups and doing deep one-to-one therapy.
Online via Zoom