Clean Language: Core Skills
2, 9, 16, 23, 30 November, 7, 14 December 2020, 11, 18, 25 January and 1, 8 February 2021, 4-6.30pm each day (UK time).
Early bird price: £795.00
(£954.00 inc VAT)
Available until Sat 3rd Oct 2020, normally £895.00
- Online via Zoom
Training: Nov 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; Dec 7, 14; Jan 11, 18, 25; Feb 1, 8 (4-6.30pm UK time)
Peer practice: Nov 3, 10, 17, 24; Dec 1, 8, 15; Jan 12, 19, 26; Feb 2, 9 (4-5.30pm UK time)
Join us for 6 in-person days or 12 webinars where you’ll start from scratch and learn how to uncover the metaphors and patterns that are beneath the surface. Find out how to develop a person’s metaphor landscape and to encourage the conditions needed for deep and lasting change.
A key principle of Clean Language is that you do less, and your client achieves more. Its basic structure is a set of clean questions, and you will begin by learning these questions and how to ask them. You will find out how to unlock the power of metaphor and you’ll learn firsthand why it’s been described as a doorway to the unconscious mind. You will soon be able to guide others to access and delight in their own inner wisdom. And you will experience the intense satisfaction of being on the receiving end of such guidance.
As we go along, you will build on these basic skills by learning how to use Clean Language to work with clients’ desired outcomes. You will learn how to: steer their attention towards what they want; help them navigate their ‘metaphor landscape’; recognise changes that will happen before your eyes; and move your client towards his or her desired conclusion. And you will experience the power of this clean approach for yourself as your fellow participants work with you towards your own desired outcomes.
We take a step-by-step approach to teaching Clean Language and Symbolic Modelling, with lots of practice, experiences and demonstrations for you to learn from. There will be plenty of time for your questions and you’ll receive a full colour workbook to support your learning. Plus you’ll meet other interesting, inspiring people doing great work in different fields - members of the global Clean Language community. You’ll also have multiple opportunities between modules to practise your skills with your fellow participants.
Clean Language is a simple methodology for understanding the complexity of human beings. Every client is unique so you will always be learning. And that can be infinitely worthwhile and rewarding.
Who is it for?
- Coaches, counsellors, psychotherapists and psychologists
- Therapists and health workers
- Managers and directors from all sectors - private, public and third
- HR professionals, team leaders and mentors
- NLP Practitioners
- Salespeople. mediators and negotiators
- Students of modalities such as Motivational Interviewing, Appreciative Inquiry, Servant Leadership, Solution-Focus Coaching/Therapy or Non-Violent Communication
- Teachers, parents, social workers, youth workers, family therapists and others who work with children
- Interviewers and researchers - or anyone who uses questioning techniques in their work
- Visual recorders / facilitators
- Independent thinkers
- Anyone who wants to improve their ability to communicate well
- Anyone whose role involves helping other people to think
- Leaders who prefer to empower people rather than telling them what to do
- People who are future-oriented, outcome focussed and fascinated by what makes themselves and others tick
- People who enjoy learning new tools and different ways of thinking
What will I gain?
- The Clean Language questions and how to ask them for maximum impact
- A way to help people feel understood and to gain new perspectives
- Awareness of the assumptions you’re making a split second after someone speaks - and how to keep them to yourself so you can work with clients’ actual experiences
- The principles of Clean Language and how to apply them in many different contexts
- How to help someone to uncover the structure of their own thinking by developing the metaphors they use to express themselves
- How to identify and work with a client’s desired outcomes and encourage the conditions for change to emerge naturally within their ‘metaphor landscape’.
- Strategies for where to direct your client’s attention at different stages of the facilitation process
- A greater understanding of the role that language, especially metaphor, plays in our lives, and how you can utilise that to create deep sustainable change
You will also gain masses of personal development as you learn more about your own patterns, mental models and desired outcomes.
Marian loves designing courses, leading them, writing, coaching and group facilitation. She is the author of Clean Approaches for Coaches and co-author of Insights in Space and So you want to be ... #DramaFree.
Online via Zoom
I liked the way the course unfolded, and the care and attention given to every individual. Discovering Clean Language has been like opening a door into a new world of possibilities and healing.Linda Canlan
My idea of Clean Language at first was how to talk in a more professional way without jargon. Now I realise it is a very powerful tool and my journey of understanding has been immense. I want to learn more!Lyneth Howells
This training was pure excellence in every respect. The authority and power of Caitlin's skill base, complemented by the range of experienced mentors in our midst was a superb context for the highest quality teaching. The balance of concept coverage and experiential learning was skilfully gauged, the connections created between delegates and trainers, the insightful guidance and warm challenges offered along the way, all conspired to enable learning, at its very best, for all. 'Clean' by its nature creates this, enabling listening at the highest level to create common vision and harness awareness, but the quality of delivery, the privilege of experiencing all of this through and with Caitlin and her team, in her home, with such honouring hospitality, resulted in a learning experience second to none. This training creates deep, unforgettable change and I, my workplace and my home will be the better for it. Thank you.Amanda Maney, , Assistant Head Teacher