Clean for Teams
February 1, 4, 8, 11, 2021, 7:00am-10:30am GMT each day (Mondays and Thursdays)
Price: £410.00 (£492 inc VAT)
- Online via Zoom
Clean for Teams is an entry-level workshop / webinar series for those wishing to experience Systemic Modelling - a new way for people to learn about one another in groups, enabling them to move away from contempt and competition and towards curiosity and collaboration.
Our facilitators will treat you as though you are a ‘real’ team, encouraging you to notice patterns in yourself and others and to collaborate so that each of you is learning at your best within a diverse group. In this way, you’ll be a recipient of Systemic Modelling (rather than a facilitator) and you will gain a direct experience of the benefits and challenges of being facilitated cleanly.
You may, of course, ask any questions about what the facilitators are doing and you can expect to take away ideas for putting what you’re learning into practice with your own groups or teams.
Systemic Modelling is the brainchild of Caitlin Walker, author of From Contempt to Curiosity. When a few clean questions led her to a greater understanding of herself and a dramatic shift in her life, she decided to adapt the one-to-one therapeutic method developed by David Grove to create a robust methodology that would work for groups and organisations.
Now you can experience the power of these questions – and Caitlin’s group methodology – for yourself in this fabulous, fascinating and fast-moving 2-day workshop or via 4 x 3.5-hour interactive Zoom sessions.
Clean Language was devised by clinical psychologist David Grove to enable people to explore their own and others’ perceptions. Rather than assume we know what someone means when they use a particular word, gesture or intonation, we can use clean questions to enquire into their experience. In a therapeutic context, David used clean questions to help people to get in touch with their unconscious metaphors and ingrained patterns underpinning their everyday experiences - and to be able to change these at a deep level.
Caitlin recognised that the information that emerges when people are asked clean questions will often be new – not just to the listener, but to the person who’s experience it is. In a group situation, everyone gets to know that information. This in turn can help people to:
- Be more curious, deeply listen to one another, and work together in a respectful way
- Learn about one another’s strengths and weaknesses
- Sort out disagreements or conflicts by increasing their understanding of different perspectives
- Clarify their thinking
- Reveal assumptions so that conversations are held at a level everyone can understand
- Discover hidden values
- Build shared models of understanding
Who is it for?
- Leaders, Coaches, Teachers, Managers, HR Professionals, Consultants, Agile Coaches
- Youth Workers, Health Workers, Family Therapists, Team supervisors, Group Facilitators
- Newcomers to Clean Language
- Anyone who uses Clean Language with individuals and wants to learn how to use it with teams, groups and organisations
- Anyone seeking their own personal development
What will I gain?
- Learn how to ask David Grove’s clean questions to develop your own ideas and those of others.
- Unpack your own models for processes such as decision-making, time-management and learning at your best’ – and discover the unconscious patterns you live by.
- Identify when you are / are not in a good state for learning & creativity.
- Detect the judgments you make about others, separate these from actual behaviours and use this information to master the art of Clean Feedback.
- Become more aware of what needs to happen for you to stay in a good learning state - and what compromises you may have to make to ensure others can stay in theirs.
- Design your own developmental tasks - tiny actions that can make a big difference as you step outside your comfort zone a little.
- Find out what happens as people’s patterns emerge and when their values are compromised – this is when the tools really come into their own.
- Learn what triggers you to go into drama, what drama position(s) you tend to take - and how you can use this information to recognise what’s important to you.
- Learn how to use the Clean Change Cycle (outcome, action, feedback) to coach someone off the Drama Triangle.
- Gain multiple ideas for facilitating others, whether you work with individuals or teams.
- Learn how this methodology has been used in business, education, health and community setting
- Receive a workbook where each model is explained and with plenty of space to write your own notes.
You can attend this workshop as a stand-alone event. It also serves as a pre-requisite for joining our Systemic Modelling Rolling Programme for group facilitators where you can:
- Practise leading the group
- Build your skills in the nuances of clean group facilitation
- Gain invaluable feedback from peers and trainers
- Get your skills assessed and become a Certified Systemic Modeller at Level 0
- This is followed by Level 1 where we go into more detail on all the models and how they fit together
Jacqueline Ann Surin
Jacqueline has been a Clean Language practitioner since 2012. Apart from being certified as a Level 1 Clean Facilitator, she is also a Level 2 Clean Language Systemic Modeller for group facilitation and organisational coaching in Asia.
Sarah is a certified Systemic Modelling and Clean Language facilitator with experience of working with groups and teams in education, the health service and in her own family-run business.
Online via Zoom
Excellent blend of theory and practice with some useful models and techniques - and a great bunch of delegates to work with. I got lots of really practical advice from Caitlin.Sally Bean
I have now attended Clean for Teams twice - once with a large group of 20 and then with a small group of 6. It was really interesting to observe myself in these different environments and to find out what I needed to work and learn at my best in those groups. It was refreshing to be in a group where it was absolutely okay to ask for what I needed and to be so wonderfully supported to discover how my behaviour was interpreted by others and the impact it had on them. Every time I immerse myself in this process, I learn something else that makes it possible for me to show up as the best version of me without apology - both at home and at work.Sheryl Andrews, The Strength and Solution Detective
I have attended two online courses with Marian - Clean for Team and Clean Approaches for Coaches. I appreciate Marian’s teaching very much. First, she delivers the theory part very clear and succinct, second, she uses examples and demo to illustrate the application in practice. Thirdly, she is very attentive to our questions, she gives clear and convincing answers based on her rich experience and solid understanding of the theory. She is a role model for Clean Language. She has inspired me to further study Clean Language as an important approach within my coaching practice.Julie Feng, Executive Coach, Positive Change Practitioners Center, Philippines