Systemic Modelling™ is a new way for people to learn about one another in groups, enabling them to move away from contempt and competition and towards curiosity and collaboration.
It is the brainchild of Caitlin Walker, author of From Contempt to Curiosity. When a few ‘clean’ questions led her to a greater understanding of herself and a dramatic shift in her life, she decided to adapt the one-to-one therapeutic method developed by David Grove to create a robust methodology that would work for groups and organisations.
Now you can experience the power of these questions – and Caitlin’s group methodology – for yourself in this fabulous, fascinating and fast-moving 2-day workshop.
A highly skilled facilitator and trainer, Marian, who founded Clean Learning in 2001, has developed and delivered training across the world. She is the author of Clean Approaches for Coaches and co-author, with James Lawley, of Insights in Space.
Who's it for?
- Anyone who uses Clean Language with individuals and wants to learn how to use it with teams, groups and organisations
- Anyone who is part of a team or group and would like to experience some ways of helping it to function more effectively
- Anyone who facilitates groups or teams and would like to explore this new group facilitation method
- Teachers, managers, HR professionals, youth workers, health workers, family therapists, team supervisors - and so on
What will I gain?
Learn how to ask David Grove’s clean questions to develop your own ideas and those of others.
- Unpack your own models for ‘time’, ‘temper’ and ‘learning at your best’ – and discover the unconscious patterns you live by.
- Learn what triggers you to go into drama - and how you can use this information to learn what’s important to you.
- Detect the judgments you make about others, separate these from actual behaviours and use this information to master the art of Clean Feedback.
- Become more aware of what needs to happen for you to stay in a goo learning state - and what compromises you may have to make to ensure others can stay in theirs.
- Find out what happens as people’s patterns emerge and when their values are compromised – this is when the tools really come into their own.
- Design your own developmental tasks - tiny actions that can make a big difference as you step outside your comfort zone a little
- Gain multiple ideas for facilitating others, whether you work with individuals or teams.
- Learn how this methodology has been used in business, education, health and community settings
This two-day workshop is an ideal opportunity to sample what Clean Language has to offer. While the emphasis will be on the experience of being in a group, you’re bound to pick up multiple ideas for facilitating others, whether you work with individuals or teams.
This workshop is also a pre-requisite for joining our Systemic Modelling Rolling Programme for group facilitators where you can:
- Learn the nuances of the models and how they fit together
- Practise leading the group
- Gain invaluable feedback from peers and trainers
- Get your skills assessed and become a certified Level 1 Systemic Modeller
Frequently asked questions
What is Systemic Modelling™?
Systemic Modelling™ is an approach for supporting groups to use clean questions and metaphor models to better understand one another and to develop the skills and capability to collaborate meaningfully.
What people say
"An excellent interactive workshop where we got to use the tools to increase learning, clarity and effective communication."
Nick Simmonds Coach
"I have now attended Clean for Teams twice - once with a large group of 20 and then with a small group of 6. It was really interesting to observe myself in these different environments and to find out what I needed to work and learn at my best in those groups. It is refreshing to be in a group where it is absolutely okay to ask for what you need and to be so wonderfully supported to discover how your behavior is interpreted by others and the impact it has on them. Every time I immerse myself in this process I learn something else that makes it possible for me to show up as the best version of me without apology both at home and at work. "
Sheryl Andrews The Strength and Solution Detective
"My idea of Clean Language at first was how to talk in a more professional way without jargon. Now I realise it is a very powerful tool and my journey of understanding has been immense. I want to learn more!"