Join us for a weekend of intensive coaching in a small group environment to help you break through old patterns or take a giant step towards a goal.
Who's it for?
This workshop is for you if you:
- Are at a crossroads in your work or life
- Need a supportive environment to work out where you go from here
- Have an important goal you want to achieve
- Want to break one or more patterns of behaviour that are past their sell-by date
What will I gain?
- Highly skilled and structured support as you clarify for yourself what you want and what needs to happen to achieve that
- New and lasting shifts in perspective that can lead to transformation of past problems
- The motivation and support you need to move forward
Our Personal Journey is a weekend of learning about yourself in a small group setting. You will receive several clean coaching sessions, interspersed with time to think, read, walk, draw, write or research. You can use the time to think about any aspect of your life or work.
What happens during a Personal Journey?
The weekend starts with participant introductions (there’ll be no more than 6 participants to ensure everyone gets the time and attention they need) and together we set some ‘rules’ (e.g. respect confidentiality) for the two days.
- Your coach will then work with each person in turn, starting with, “What would you like to have happen?”
- Once you have a clear sense of your desired outcome, you’ll be invited to pay attention to it in other ways, such as drawing a picture or diagram, researching the symbols that have appeared in your ‘metaphor landscape’, writing, or just thinking. (You will have access to the internet and reference books to help you make sense of the symbols and metaphors that emerge in your work.)
- Once your inner world has been activated in this way, you’ll start getting new insights, different paths will open up, and you’ll discover (or be reminded of) new aspects of yourself – so there’ll be plenty to think about.
- During your subsequent facilitated sessions, you will choose which direction you want to explore next, based on what’s happened so far. No two journeys are alike.
- The weekend format gives you an opportunity to ‘sleep on it’ and people often get important new insights overnight.
- As the weekend continues, we will encourage you to consider what needs to happen (both in your metaphor landscape and in ‘real life’) for you to achieve your desired outcome, and to form an action plan for when you return home.
- While this is very much a personal journey we have found that many participants derive extra benefit (e.g.: meeting like-minded people; knowing you are not alone) from working in a respectful and supportive group setting.
What to work on?
The topic you choose to work on over the weekend is completely up to you, although we do suggest you spend time thinking about it beforehand, in order to make the most of your time with us. Craft your answer to the question, “What would you like to have happen?” so it sums up what you want as clearly as possible. It can be as ambitious – or not - as you want it to be.
Here are a few outcomes others have worked on:
- “I want to become more self-referenced, rather than spending all my time satisfying others’ needs.”
- “I am two years off retirement and I’d like to pack up earlier but I don’t know what I want to do.”
- “I’d like to understand why I’ve got to be interested in so many different things.”
- “I want to come away from this weekend being a more complete person in my own right. I want more self-belief.”
- “I need to learn how to be more direct.”
- “I want to be in control of my life and my work, not having decisions made for me by other people.”
What participants say
"Two things my new career requires of me are confidence and organisation. Thank you for your help in this. The weekend really did make a difference. I learned a great deal about myself and what I want. I'm still using my 'breastplate' to fight off doubts and fears - it really works well for me."
"I regularly attend Marian's Personal Journey weekends because of the benefits I receive from her facilitation and her ability to steadfastly adhere to a 'clean' philosophy of change. I can personally recommend her work."
"The Personal Journey weekend enabled me to really get beneath the surface of some issues that have been whirling around my head for some time. It was extremely powerful."
Carol Taylor Consultant
"Over the two days of Personal Journey I have been able to face the unapproachable areas in myself, to deconstruct, clear and transform experiences which I have held since childhood. It is not an exaggeration to say this work is enabling me to change my life. One thing which stands out for me is having the direct experience of my deep inner knowing, which I offer others in my work but find much more difficult to do for myself."
22-23 July 2017
With Marian Way