Simple tools for profound change
Coaching offers a simple and powerful frame for coaches, managers
and those wanting to learn coaching. Clean Coaching builds on the ground-breaking
work of psychologist David Grove who developed Clean Language in order to
minimise the coach’s directing of a session and give the client maximum space
to freely develop their own pictures and insights. Clean Language is the very
essence of powerful coaching, building on a few recurring questions that
completely expands on the client’s words and brings all the focus to their own
Coaching is also grounded in the power of metaphor for development. By finding
and developing metaphors, clients can work through issues that are difficult to
express in other ways. Metaphors free up thoughts and provide powerful,
memorable symbols for what the client wants to achieve.
Who's it for?
- New coaches will get simple (but not easy), powerful tools to deepen and clarify their coaching.
- Clean Coaching will help you abandon your own conceptions to an even greater extent so you are fully available to your client.
- During the course you will also grow – personally and as a coach.
Managers who coach
- The course will give you the tools you need to avoid giving suggestions and solutions and be able to coach your employees cleanly, on their own terms.
- Clean Coaching gives you better communication with your colleagues and leadership team.
- You will get simple tools for more efficient and inspirational meetings.
If you are considering becoming a coach
- Introduction to Clean Coaching is not a complete coach training (that course is still in development) but you will get a foundation that you can build the rest of your training on, both in terms of approach and methods.
- And many simple tools to start coaching.
What will I gain?
- Understanding of what is Clean Language and why it is useful.
- The basic Clean Questions and how to
use them most effectively.
- The most important Clean
Language models and how they can be used in your coaching.
to go from active listening to precise listening.
to hold back your own assumptions so you can work with your client’s actual
- How to use Clean Language in different
- Simple tools to clarify desired outcomes
and motivate your clients towards action.
you can help your clients clarify the structure of their thinking processes by
developing their metaphors.
- Deep understanding of the importance
of metaphors in every day communication and in coaching.
- Lots of exercises.
- Time for reflection.
Frequently asked questions
What is Clean Language?
Clean Language is a simple set of questions developed by counselling psychologist David Grove. These questions are used with a person's own words to direct their attention to some aspect of their own experience. Asking these questions in the right context often results in an interesting new insight or the recognition of some new possibility. And if that new possibility is then questioned using Clean Language, the result can be quite profound. Clean questions invite people to consider their experience from different perspectives and they are often surprised by their own capacity to generate new, powerful and useful ideas about their own experience.
We're sorry - we don't have any events scheduled at the moment. If you have a small group (6 or more people) who are interested,
we may be able to run the event in your area. Please contact us.