Clean for Teams is an entry-level workshop / webinar series for those wishing to experience Systemic Modelling - a new way for people to learn about one another in groups, enabling them to move away from contempt and competition and towards curiosity and collaboration.
Who's it for?
- Leaders, Coaches, Teachers, Managers, HR Professionals, Consultants, Agile Coaches
- Youth Workers, Health Workers, Family Therapists, Team supervisors, Group Facilitators
- Newcomers to Clean Language
- Anyone who uses Clean Language with individuals and wants to learn how to use it with teams, groups and organisations
- Anyone seeking their own personal development
What will I gain?
- Learn how to ask David Grove’s clean questions to develop your own ideas and those of others.
- Unpack your own models for processes such as decision-making, time-management and learning at your best’ – and discover the unconscious patterns you live by.
- Identify when you are / are not in a good state for learning & creativity.
- Detect the judgments you make about others, separate these from actual behaviours and use this information to master the art of Clean Feedback.
- Become more aware of what needs to happen for you to stay in a good learning state - and what compromises you may have to make to ensure others can stay in theirs.
- Design your own developmental tasks - tiny actions that can make a big difference as you step outside your comfort zone a little.
- Find out what happens as people’s patterns emerge and when their values are compromised – this is when the tools really come into their own.
- Learn what triggers you to go into drama, what drama position(s) you tend to take - and how you can use this information to recognise what’s important to you.
- Learn how to use the Clean Change Cycle (outcome, action, feedback) to coach someone off the Drama Triangle.
- Gain multiple ideas for facilitating others, whether you work with individuals or teams.
- Learn how this methodology has been used in business, education, health and community setting
You will receive a workbook where each model is explained and with plenty of space to write your own notes. Participants of the online version will also receive recordings of all the sessions and access to video footage of some of the activities.
You can attend this workshop as a stand-alone event. It also serves as a pre-requisite for joining our Systemic Modelling Rolling Programme for group facilitators where you can:
- Learn the nuances of the models and how they fit together
- Practise leading the group
- Build your skills in the nuances of clean group facilitation
- Gain invaluable feedback from peers and trainers
- Get your skills assessed and become a certified Level 1 Systemic Modeller
Systemic Modelling is the brainchild of Caitlin Walker, author of From Contempt to Curiosity. When a few clean questions led her to a greater understanding of herself and a dramatic shift in her life, she decided to adapt the one-to-one therapeutic method developed by David Grove to create a robust methodology that would work for groups and organisations.
Now you can experience the power of these questions – and Caitlin’s group methodology – for yourself in this fabulous, fascinating and fast-moving 2-day workshop (or via 4 x 3-hour webinars.)
Clean Language was devised by clinical psychologist David Grove to enable people to explore their own and others’ perceptions. Rather than assume we know what someone means when they use a particular word, gesture or intonation, we can use clean questions to enquire into their experience. In a therapeutic context, David used clean questions to help people to get in touch with their unconscious metaphors and ingrained patterns underpinning their everyday experiences - and to be able to change these at a deep level.
Caitlin recognised that the information that emerges when people are asked clean questions will often be new – not just to the listener, but to the person who’s experience it is. In a group situation, everyone gets to know that information. This in turn can help people to:
- Be more curious, deeply listen to one another, and work together in a respectful way
- Learn about one another’s strengths and weaknesses
- Sort out disagreements or conflicts by increasing their understanding of different perspectives
- Clarify their thinking
- Reveal assumptions so that conversations are held at a level everyone can understand
- Discover hidden values
- Build shared models of understanding
Over 2 days or 4 webinars you will learn the basics of Clean Language questioning and how to use it to develop metaphors /models for things like learning at your best, decision-making and how you conceptualise time – and we will also encourage you to spot patterns across your models. Once you are familiar with your own patterns, you will learn about the Karpman Drama Triangle and how to utilise the tools within Caitlin Walker’s Clean Change Cycle to step off the triangle into a more collaborative way of being. Throughout the workshop you will be using the tools in pairs and small groups.
Frequently asked questions
What is Clean Language?
Clean Language is a simple set of questions developed by counselling psychologist David Grove. These questions are used with a person's own words to direct their attention to some aspect of their own experience. Asking these questions in the right context often results in an interesting new insight or the recognition of some new possibility. And if that new possibility is then questioned using Clean Language, the result can be quite profound. Clean questions invite people to consider their experience from different perspectives and they are often surprised by their own capacity to generate new, powerful and useful ideas about their own experience.
What is Systemic Modelling™?
Systemic Modelling™ is an approach for supporting groups to use clean questions and metaphor models to better understand one another and to develop the skills and capability to collaborate meaningfully.
Who is David Grove?
David Grove was the creative genius who developed Clean Language, Clean Space and Emergent Knowledge - the clean approaches upon which the entire field of 'clean' has been built.
I want to come on a course, but the dates don’t work for me.
Get together with a group of 5 or more others and email us or call us on 023 9221 5355 to find a suitable time for us to come to you, and to tailor the course to your needs.
What participants say
"Having recently undertaken a coaching course and learning the importance of asking 'open questions' and drilling down to identify the underlying issues, I quickly saw the positive impact that Clean Language has. It is as beneficial in team groups to ensure their engagement and ownership of projects/actions. I would highly recommend Caitlin and Marian for their skills, knowledge and expertise in facilitating Clean Language workshops for your business. "
Angela Mays HR Manager, Fasset Limited.
Tuesday 18 August - Friday 21 August 2020 2pm to 5:30pm
With Sarah Scarratt, Shaun Hotchkiss, Marian Way
22-24 September 2020 10.00am - 5.30pm
With Caitlin Walker