Systemic Modelling™ is a new way for people to learn about one another in groups, enabling them to move away from contempt and competition and towards curiosity and collaboration.
It is the brainchild of Caitlin Walker, author of From Contempt to Curiosity. When a few ‘clean’ questions led her to a greater understanding of herself and a dramatic shift in her life, she decided to adapt the one-to-one therapeutic method developed by David Grove to create a robust methodology that would work for groups and organisations.
Now you can experience the power of these questions – and Caitlin’s group methodology – for yourself in this fabulous, fascinating and fast-moving 2-day workshop.
Who's it for?
- Anyone who uses Clean Language with individuals and wants to learn how to use it with teams, groups and organisations
- Anyone who is part of a team or group and would like to experience some ways of helping it to function more effectively
- Anyone who facilitates groups or teams and would like to explore this new group facilitation method
- Teachers, managers, HR professionals, youth workers, health workers, family therapists, team supervisors - and so on
What will I gain?
Learn how to ask David Grove’s clean questions to develop your own ideas and those of others.
- Unpack your own models for ‘time’, ‘temper’ and ‘learning at your best’ – and discover the unconscious patterns you live by.
- Learn what triggers you to go into drama - and how you can use this information to learn what’s important to you.
- Detect the judgments you make about others, separate these from actual behaviours and use this information to master the art of Clean Feedback.
- Become more aware of what needs to happen for you to stay in a goo learning state - and what compromises you may have to make to ensure others can stay in theirs.
- Find out what happens as people’s patterns emerge and when their values are compromised – this is when the tools really come into their own.
- Design your own developmental tasks - tiny actions that can make a big difference as you step outside your comfort zone a little
- Gain multiple ideas for facilitating others, whether you work with individuals or teams.
- Learn how this methodology has been used in business, education, health and community settings
This two-day workshop is an ideal opportunity to sample what Clean Language has to offer. While the emphasis will be on the experience of being in a group, you’re bound to pick up multiple ideas for facilitating others, whether you work with individuals or teams.
This workshop is also a pre-requisite for joining our Systemic Modelling Rolling Programme for group facilitators where you can:
- Learn the nuances of the models and how they fit together
- Practise leading the group
- Gain invaluable feedback from peers and trainers
- Get your skills assessed and become a certified Level 1 Systemic Modeller
Frequently asked questions
What is Clean Language?
Clean Language is a simple set of questions developed by counselling psychologist David Grove. These questions are used with a person's own words to direct their attention to some aspect of their own experience. Asking these questions in the right context often results in an interesting new insight or the recognition of some new possibility. And if that new possibility is then questioned using Clean Language, the result can be quite profound. Clean questions invite people to consider their experience from different perspectives and they are often surprised by their own capacity to generate new, powerful and useful ideas about their own experience.
What is Systemic Modelling™?
Systemic Modelling™ is an approach for supporting groups to use clean questions and metaphor models to better understand one another and to develop the skills and capability to collaborate meaningfully.
Who is David Grove?
David Grove was the creative genius who developed Clean Language, Clean Space and Emergent Knowledge - the clean approaches upon which the entire field of 'clean' has been built.
I want to come on a course, but the dates don’t work for me.
Get together with a group of 5 or more others and email us or call us on 023 9221 5355 to find a suitable time for us to come to you, and to tailor the course to your needs.
What participants say
"Having recently undertaken a coaching course and learning the importance of asking 'open questions' and drilling down to identify the underlying issues, I quickly saw the positive impact that Clean Language has. It is as beneficial in team groups to ensure their engagement and ownership of projects/actions. I would highly recommend Caitlin and Marian for their skills, knowledge and expertise in facilitating Clean Language workshops for your business. "
Angela Mays HR Manager, Fasset Limited.
Sunday 24th - Monday 25th May 2020 10.00-17.30
Erlangen, nr. Nuremburg,
With Caitlin Walker, Marian Way
1-2 June 2020 10.00am - 5.30pm
With Marian Way