Growing Business the Clean Way
by Marian Way in Business
One of the biggest challenges facing business owners right now is getting more clients and more to the point, maintaining the focus and clarity of thought needed to do that. Having clarity and focus can not only keep you thinking about and doing what you know you need to, it can also help you develop more creative strategies for getting clients.
Allison Galbraith, one of our Certified Clean Facilitators, used Clean Language to underpin her ‘Business Booster’ workshop. The workshop brought together a group of business people who learn about, then practice, some Clean Language questions to discover how they work at their best, what needs to happen for them to do that more often and how they can use that information to grow their businesses.
Allison had the idea from another Certified Facilitator, Sheryl Andrews, who runs similar groups in the Gosport area. Each workshop starts with everyone answering the question, ‘When I am working at my best, that’s like what’.
Allison says this has produced some great information and metaphors like:
- ‘I have an inner eagle which keeps a birds’ eye view of things but is ready to swoop down at a moments’ notice to pay attention to detail
- ‘I have a feeling of strength and calm’
- ‘I am in the flow, thinking less about myself and more about the greater good’
Some of the results attendees reported a few weeks later included:
- ‘I am more assertive and feel more in control’
- ‘I am on more of an even keel and have much more confidence
- ‘I am looking at situations differently before taking action’
- ‘My thoughts, ideas and actions flow more readily’
- ‘I trust myself more’
As well as finding new ways of discovering solutions to business problems, people attending the workshop found that:
- They were developing new skills as they learned the questions
- It was a good way to experience Clean Language for the first time
- It was a great networking opportunity
- It was a great way of getting to the core of an issue
About Marian Way
A highly skilled facilitator and trainer, Marian, who founded Clean Learning in 2001, has developed and delivered training across the world. She is the author of Clean Approaches for Coaches, co-author, with James Lawley, of Insights in Space and co-author, with Caitlin Walker, of So you want to be… #DramaFree.
Marian is an expert Clean facilitator, an adept modeller, a programme writer and an inspirational trainer. She has a natural ability to model existing structures, find the connections between them and design new ways for people to learn. Marian was a leading innovator within the Weight Watchers organisation, which included developing the “points” strategy, a local idea that went on to become a global innovation. She is a director of both Clean Learning and Training Attention CIC, world leaders in clean applications for corporate, educational and community development. She designs our programmes and workbooks, leads workshops and teaches on all our courses. She’s trained people in Great Britain, Russia, Sweden, Germany, Australia, Japan and the USA. Marian is also a recognised Clean Assessor.
- Blog categories
- Adventures in Clean
- Book Reviews
- Clean Ambassadors
- Clean Interviewing
- Clean Language
- Clean Space
- Clean with Groups
- Case Studies
- David Grove
- Life Purpose
- Meet the Team
- Practice Group
- Systemic Modelling