One of the biggest challenges facing business owners right now is getting more clients and more to the point, maintaining the focus and clarity of thought needed to do that. Having clarity and focus can not only keep you thinking about and doing what you know you need to, it can also help you develop more creative strategies for getting clients.
Allison Galbraith, one of our Certified Clean Facilitators is using Clean Language to underpin her new ‘Business Booster’ workshop, which she’s been trialling in Chichester and Worthing over the last few months. The workshop brings together a group of business people who learn about, then practice, some Clean Language questions to discover how they work at their best, what needs to happen for them to do that more often and how they can use that information to grow their businesses.
Allison had the idea from another Certified Facilitator, Sheryl Andrews, who runs similar groups in the Gosport area. Each workshop starts with everyone answering the question, ‘When I am working at my best, that’s like what’.
“This has produced some great information and metaphors like:
- ‘I have an inner eagle which keeps a birds’ eye view of things but is ready to swoop down at a moments’ notice to pay attention to detail
- ‘I have a feeling of strength and calm’
- ‘I am in the flow, thinking less about myself and more about the greater good’
Some of the results attendees report a few weeks later include:
- ‘I am more assertive and feel more in control’
- ‘I am on more of an even keel and have much more confidence
- ‘I am looking at situations differently before taking action’
- ‘My thoughts, ideas and actions flow more readily’
- ‘I trust myself more’
As well as finding new ways of discovering solutions to business problems, people find that:
- They are developing new skills as they learn the questions
- It is a good way to experience Clean Language for the first time
- It is a great networking opportunity
- It’s a great way of getting to the core of an issue
A topic that keeps cropping up is focus – how to avoid getting distracted by other things. So the May Business Booster workshops are on the topic of 'Focussing on Focus' - what happens when you DO focus and what needs to happen for that to happen more often.”
If you want to know more, you can contact Allison here.