10 Ways to Get Started with Clean Language
by Marian Way in Clean Language
Clean Language helps people to explore their own thinking in their own way, to uncover patterns that keep them stuck and to find their own creative solutions. Here are ten ways you can get to know more about CleanLanguage, what it is and how it works:
- Read the Introduction to Clean Approaches for Coaches. This will give you a good general overview of Clean Language and how it can be used in one-to-one coaching. The book explains what Clean Language is and how to use it to facilitate a coaching session. While it covers a lot of ground, it’s easy to read or dip in and out of, with lots of illustrations and diagrams to aid your learning.
- Checkout our Frequently Asked Questions section for our answers to some common questions about Clean Language and other approaches created by its originator,David Grove.
- Read how we’ve used Clean Language with our clients and the effect it has had on them.
- Read From Contempt to Curiosity. If you enjoy stories this is an ideal way to pick up the basics effortlessly, as you join Caitlin Walker on her own compelling path to learn about Clean Language and how to use it to foster healthy collaboration in groups.
- If you prefer video, watchCaitlin’s inspiring TEDx talk to learn about Clean Language and discover the impact it can have with individuals and groups of all kinds, and with any topic.
- Join our regular 1-Hour Taster - with demonstrations, questions and answers, and information that relates to what YOU want to know.
- The very best way to understand the power of Clean Language is to experience it for yourself. Book a Clean Coaching session with one of our coaches and expect to discover more about yourself in 90 minutes than you ever thought possible.
- Join a Practice Group.We hold regular practice groups around the country and anyone is welcome to join in.
- Come and meet us at an event, workshop or conference. Join an interactive session for the chance to try Clean Language for yourself and to get your questions answered in person.
- Register for our 1-Day Introduction to Clean Language. This will give you a basic understanding of Clean Language and how it works. You’ll learn the most useful clean questions and gain an understanding of why metaphor is so important in our communication with others. And you’ll leave the workshop with really useful tools you can use immediately to foster understanding and to motivate yourself and others.
About Marian Way
A highly skilled facilitator and trainer, Marian, who founded Clean Learning in 2001, has developed and delivered training across the world. She is the author of Clean Approaches for Coaches, co-author, with James Lawley, of Insights in Space and co-author, with Caitlin Walker, of So you want to be… #DramaFree.
Marian is an expert Clean facilitator, an adept modeller, a programme writer and an inspirational trainer. She has a natural ability to model existing structures, find the connections between them and design new ways for people to learn. Marian was a leading innovator within the Weight Watchers organisation, which included developing the “points” strategy, a local idea that went on to become a global innovation. She is a director of both Clean Learning and Training Attention CIC, world leaders in clean applications for corporate, educational and community development. She designs our programmes and workbooks, leads workshops and teaches on all our courses. She’s trained people in Great Britain, Russia, Sweden, Germany, Australia, Japan and the USA. Marian is also a recognised Clean Assessor.
- Blog categories
- Adventures in Clean
- Book Reviews
- Clean Ambassadors
- Clean Interviewing
- Clean Language
- Clean Space
- Clean with Groups
- Case Studies
- David Grove
- Life Purpose
- Meet the Team
- Practice Group
- Systemic Modelling