A key principle of Clean is that you do less, and your client achieves more. Its basic structure is a set of clean questions, and during the first part of the course, you will learn these questions and how to ask them. You will unlock the power of metaphor and learn firsthand why it’s been described as a doorway to the unconscious mind. By the end of day 2, you will be able to guide others to access and delight in their own inner wisdom. And you will have experienced the intense satisfaction of being on the receiving end of such guidance.
You will then build on the basic skills by learning to use Clean Language to work with clients’ desired outcomes. You will learn how to steer their attention towards what they want, how to help them navigate their ‘metaphor landscape’ by overcoming problems and obstacles in the way, how to recognise changes that will happen before your eyes, and how to move your client to his or her desired conclusion. And you will experience the power of Clean for yourself as your fellow participants work with you towards your own outcomes.
We take a step-by-step approach to teaching you Clean Language, with lots of practice, experiences and demonstrations for you to learn from. There will be plenty of time for your questions, and you’ll receive a full colour workbook to support your learning. Plus you’ll meet other interesting, inspiring people doing great work in different fields - members of the global Clean Language community.
Clean Language is a simple methodology for understanding the complexity of human beings. Every client is unique so you will always be learning. And that can be infinitely worthwhile and rewarding.
- Ask Clean Language questions for maximum effect
- Differentiate between different kinds of information presented by clients and determine which Clean question to ask next
- Develop individuals’ metaphors, and begin to spot patterns in a client’s ‘metaphor landscape’
- Notice your own assumptions and test them ‘cleanly’
- Distinguish between problems and outcomes
- Pay close attention to what someone wants, and facilitate them to achieve that
- Listen out for the conditions needed for change to occur and encourage them to happen there and then
- Recognise, and direct your client’s attention towards, changes when they occur
- Track a client’s information
- Conduct a full Clean session, including starting and finishing cleanly
And these skills will enable you and your fellow participants to:
- Develop your own memorable metaphors for things that are important to you
- Gain new insights and develop your own unique and useful resource
- Increase your motivation to take action on things you’ve been putting off
- Get an embodied sense of what it will be like when you have achieved a personal desired outcome
- Focus on what you really want, and discover what needs to happen to achieve your desired outcomes
Apply what you’ve learned in your own field and in your life
This course was previously in 2 parts as Less is More and More to Explore. If you have already taken Less is More, you may join us for days 3 to 5 of this course, or start again at the beginning at no extra charge. If this is you, contact us for pricing.