Clean Coaching is uniquely tailored to your own situation. A powerful and profoundly respectful process, it’s designed to support you to clarify your own thinking and to resolve for yourself any challenges you face. We believe everyone has inner strengths and resources which often go untapped - and our job is to help you to discover those resources and find your own unique solutions.
While we all share the language we use to express ourselves, the true meaning of the words you choose, and especially the metaphors you use, is unique to you. So we play them back to them – selectively and intelligently – weaving them into questions that help you to get to grips with your own patterns and ways of perceiving things and how this affects the way you are in the world. We build upon that awareness to promote a greater clarity about your desired outcomes and to place challenges and problems in context, enabling you to overcome them en route to your goals.
The ‘clean’ part of clean coaching refers to our aim to minimise any contamination of your thought processes with our own interpretations, suggestions, advice, judgments, opinions, models, etc. To achieve this, we discipline ourselves to use only your words, together with David Grove’s Clean Language questions. You will feel heard, understood, and respected and you’ll begin to trust yourself and your own inner wisdom.
What happens in a Clean Coaching session?
- Your clean coaching session(s) will be with Marian Way or Sharon Small
- We work with individuals, couples and groups - and you can choose to work face-to-face, on the phone or on Skype. Marian is based in Fareham, Hampshire, UK, and Sharon in San Luis Obispo, California, USA.
- We will begin by helping you to define and clarify your desired outcome(s). Clean coaching sessions generally begin with the question, “What would you like to have happen?”
- Next, we will help you to create a ‘model’ of what you want and of the whole system (the relationships, problems, barriers, etc.) that your desired outcome is part of.
- As your goals become clearer, we will help you to pay attention to everything that will need to change in order to achieve what you want and for that to be sustainable. Clean coaching is designed to encourage the conditions needed for those changes to happen.
- All of this generally results in change towards your outcome, and in many cases that change is profound and sustainable.
A clean coaching session lasts around 90 minutes and, unlike other coaching processes where you are encouraged to sign up for a minimum number of sessions, clean coaching puts you in control of how many sessions you have. Many people find that a single session solves their immediate need, while others want a few more, especially if they are working on an important outcome or with an issue they've lived with for a long time. We have worked with many individuals and couples on a wide range of different issues, and can help you to:
- find a new direction in life or work
- resolve conflict
- improve your self-esteem and be more assertive
- be more confident in meetings, interviews, presentations
- reach health-related goals such as better sleep, weight loss, pain management
- overcome fears, such as fear of flying, fear of failure
- take your business to the next level
- create new products
- prioritise and make decisions
- improve your performance at work
- learn more about the things that you do really well, and build on that knowledge
Clean Coaching gives you more:
- Self-reliance: learn to resolve your own problems your way
- Knowledge about what you want and what needs to happen for you to get it
- Familiarity with you own patterns and ways of perceiving things
- Access to information about yourself that is normally held at an unconscious level
- Motivation to take action
- Results that will have a lasting effect and impact on you and those around you
The benefits of the knowledge you will gain in even one session are likely to reach far beyond the issue in question and will flow into all areas of your personal and professional life.